Covid-19 Prevention Policy
The Green Door Restaurant is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and our community.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers, as such The Green Door Restaurant prohibits the entry of any individual not wearing a mask or face shield into our restaurant. If you are unable to wear a mask or face shield due to health reasons we can 100% accommodate you by bringing your online order outside for curbside pickup or creating you a meal for from the buffet for you to enjoy on our patio or to take home!
We are working hard to adapt to the “new normal” through adjusting our practices in order to follow all regulations and guidelines from Ontario Public Health.
Buffet Setup: We now serve you from behind the buffet, then pass your meal over where you can pay-by-weight.
We also offer other ways of dining in a safe manner ~ Online Order, Takeaway, and Covered Patio Space (with heater!). Proper mask (cover nose, mouth and chin) wearing is 100% mandatory inside the restaurant.
What WE are doing for the health and safety of our employees and customers:
- We serve you at the buffet from a safe distant & shielded buffet.
- Frequent sanitation of our restaurant including the patio area (all chairs & tables), kitchen counters, buffet area, washrooms, cashier pin pads and all other high touch areas.
- Hand sanitizer is available for our guests.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the cash.
- Floor markers are in place to manage customer traffic and ensure physical distancing.
- We will be limiting the number of customers in our restaurant at a single time.
- All employees answer our health check questionnaire and temperature check prior to beginning their shift.
- Employees are reminded to avoid touching their face and to frequently wash their hands with soap and water.
- Protective face masks will be worn by employees at all times.
- To reduce contact, we are not able to fill your own containers, water bottles or tumblers.
What YOU can do for the health and safety of our employees and fellow customers:
- If you are feeling unwell please stay home. Order online.
- Following Ontario Health & Safety, all customers and employees must wear a mask while indoors
- Consider paying with debit or credit card to reduce physical contact with our cashiers.
- For the time being, please keep your reusable containers at home - our take away containers are recyclable and compostable